With our active kids, every meal would end with a chocolate treat or an ice cream. This will not happen if they will try one of these healthy but still super-tasty deserts.
Below are some easy to make muffins, brownies and banana and walnut bread.
Delicious banana and walnut loaf recipe
Makes one large loaf
* 1 cup almond meal
* ½ cup coconut flour
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 2 large bananas, mashed
* ½ cup chopped walnuts (and ⅓ cup chopped for decoration for the top)
* ½ cup raisins
* 3 tablespoon flax seeds meal
* ½ cup any non-dairy milk( water optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line loaves tin with baking paper.
2. In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients – the almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda.
3. In another bowl mix the bananas with the walnuts, raisins, add flax seeds meal, milk (water) mix it well.
4. Then slowly mix dry mixture in wet mixture well so there are no lumpy bits.
5. Spoon the mixture in the baking tin and sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
6. Bake for 45-50 min. Check if it is cooked.
7. Turn the loaf onto a wire rack and let it cool.
Gluten-free chocolate muffins
* 1 cup of buckwheat flour
* 1 cup almond flour
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
* 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
* 2 cups of water
* 4 pitted dates
* 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Blend pitted dates with 1 cup of water.
4. Mix together ingredients, dates and 1 cup of water.
5. Put mixture into silicon cupcake moulds, approx 12 muffins.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick, inserted in the middle comes out clean.
We recommend using silicone moulds as mixture sticks to the paper.
Chewy choc oats brownie
* 2 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
* 1/2 cup cacao powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 5 pitted dates
* 1/4 cup almond butter
* 1/2 cup coconut milk
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water
* 2 large mashed bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Lay a piece of parchment paper to fit the length of the bottom of the pan and leave some extra parchment hanging over the sides so you can easily lift the loaf out.
2. Place dates with coconut milk and flaxseed “egg” into a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Place rolled oats into a food processor. Process on high until it resembles a flour. This should take about 30 seconds.
4. Add in cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse again a few times to combine.
5. Combine (2) and (3, 4) with almond butter, vinegar, vanilla and mashed bananas.
6. Process until smooth.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Slice and serve.
Author: Ksenia Muryshkina on November 08, 2018
My name is Ksenia
I am a Food/Health coach, mum of two boys and owner of “Cauli and Brocc” food coaching.
I am passionate about health and nutrition. Strongly believe that “Food is the medicine” to prevent and to treat illnesses.
Social links: Instagram, Facebook, Website